PROJECT MANAGER - CONSTRUCTION JOB DESCRIPTION
The Project Manager is responsible for Overal project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. The Construction project manager responsibilities span a broad spectrum, Covering all the areas of project management like - Project Planning, CoSt Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management.
Construction Project Manager Role:
- Charting out the project objectives and plans, Setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants,
- Bringing about Optimum utilization of resources-labor, materials and equipment, and ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms.
- Implementation of various operations through proper coordination.
- Development of effective Communications and mechanisms for resolving Conflicts among the Various participants
Construction Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee the construction project from start to finish,
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Create the teams, develop the Objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking if team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Ensure that Construction activities move according to pre-determined schedule.
- DeWise the project Work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers.
- Monitor the progress of the Construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Identify the elements of project design and Construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Serve as a key link with the Clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing Onto client.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- A four-year Bachelor's degree in civil engineering. A postgraduate degree in Construction management is an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Construction projects.
- ExCellent Communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
Qualitative and Other Attributes Required:
- Ability to plan and Organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Willingness to travel extensively across the construction sites.
- Physical and mental fitness is a given.
- Strong focus on quality