CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT- JOB DESCRIPTION
Construction Superintendent is to supervise construction in the field, provide leadership, and ensure timely, successful completion of all trades.
Coordinates and supervises all construction activities
Duties and requirements include:
- May assist in developing detailed Cost estimates, bids, budgets, Scopes of Work, and Schedules
- Overall project specific responsibility for Scheduling, site logistics, inspections, close-Out and client relations
- Securing, preparing and/or maintaining all required project documentation, Correspondence and databases such as RFI's, daily reports, safety records, Excel spreadsheets, etc.
- Meets regularly With Project Manager to review quality, timelines, contract Compliance and customer Satisfaction
- Understanding and negotiating project material costs, equipment Costs and rental rates.
- Apprising management of project status and resolving or escalating issues in a timely manner
- Closing out projects on time and on budget and meeting or exceeding client expectations
- The ability to maintain impeccable documentation throughout every phase of a construction project and be highly detail oriented.
- Professional appearance and demeanor and the highest level of ethics and integrity in all business dealings
- Ability to travel and Work Varied hours as necessary
- A valid Driver's License, good driving record and a reliable personal Vehicle that can be used for business purposes
- Must be proficiency with MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must be able to schedule and use Microsoft Project or similar industry software programs
- Must have practiced Verbal and Written communication skills
- Must have problem solving skills and the ability to bring an innovative and practical approach to Construction projects
- Must have excellent planning, Organizing, multi-tasking skills and a demonstrated ability to follow through on all projects, tasks or assignments .
- Maintains positive relationships with customer, contractors, suppliers, and other employees.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- A four-year Bachelor's degree in civil engineering. A postgraduate degree in construction management is an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Construction projects.
- ExCellent Communication skills.