CONSTRUCTION INSTALLER- JOB DESCRIPTION
This job requires the ability to accurately read and utilize Common measuring tools, complete understanding of all hand and power tools necessary for installation of partitions and accessories. The installer must agree to observe and follow any and all Safety rules at the job site and with regard to the tools used in the trade. Assure compliance With Contract documents, specifications and building codes.
Examples of Duties:
- Inspects Construction progress which may include ensuring procedures and materials comply with Specifications, observes Work in progress to assure Conformance With requirements and acceptable Workmanship.
- Reviews Contract plans and Specifications for compliance with appropriate building codes and project requirements.
- Prepares reports.
- Reviews existing systems for safety requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of building Construction, materials and methods.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all applicable building codes and of electrical, plumbing, mechanical and related Codes.
- Skill in reading and interpreting plans and specifications to compare them with Construction in progress.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to communicate Well at all levels of the organization.
- The person doing this job is also responsible for driving, loading, and unloading material for the job.
- A valid Texas Driver's License is needed.
- Conditions of employment also include the ability of lifting and stretching materials for the job With average Weights of 75 pounds. There will be ladder Work with some installations of ceiling-hung partitions, so the installer must posses the ability to do such work.
- The installer may at times be required to do other general shop type duties that may not be directly related to the outing description above. However, all Work assignments Will be based on Work load, delivery schedules, skills, and abilities and Will be issued based on this criteria by either the building specialty sales agent or shop foreman.