BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATION - JOB DESCRIPTION
The Business Development Representative position is a client-facing sales/business development/marketing role for Houston and the surrounding areas for and Commercial and Institutional Construction Projects. Individuals in this role serve as the face of D. Samuels & Associates (DSA) for our Commercial & Institutional customers throughout the construction process and gain knowledge of the DSA story, business processes, and value proposition in order to market DSA and serve as the primary resource for clients point of contact throughout sales & construction process. This role will require monthly goals to determine effectiveness.
- Conduct cold calling, warm calling of leads and referrals, develops relationships with business and project owners, and performs initial walk-thru with clients to define scope of work and desired outcomes.
- Perform marketing promotion through coordinating and implementing DSA programming and services to potential clients.
- Communicate with management by submitting weekly activity and results reports, along with status review meetings.
- Maintain records on area and customer sales and provide historical reports.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending technical workshops, reviewing professional and industry-related publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Construction experience and knowledgeable in assessing requested/desired scope of work and evaluating lead/job viability.
- Exhibit strong business acumen and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Possess excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills, excel in managing social media accounts.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex sales processes that involve multiple team members and multiple decision makers.
- Energetic, confident, outgoing, and knowledgeable of construction processes from pre-construction services through project closeout.
- Ability to effectively identify valid client leads, cultivate and develop relationships, territory management, and follow through to the point of new bid opportunity.
- Customer service oriented; closing skills; prospecting, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Salesforce.com software preferred.
- Evening and weekend hours as needed to meet clients at their convenience.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree highly preferred
- Knowledge of construction in Commercial and Institutional applications as well as Project Management Concepts. Preferably will have been part of a General Contractor/Project Management organization for at least 2 to 5 years.
Salary: $25/hr./ to $35/hr.