ACOUSTICAL CEILING INSTALLER - HELPER
Apply or mount acoustical tiles or blocks, strips, or sheets of shock-absorbing materials to ceilings and walls of buildings to reduce or reflect sound. Materials may be of decorative quality. Includes lathers who fasten wooden, metal, or rockboard lath to walls, ceilings or partitions of buildings to provide support base for plaster, fireproofing, or acoustical material.
Job Duties and Tasks for: Ceiling Tile Installer-Helper
- Applies acoustical tiles or shock-absorbing materials to ceilings and walls of buildings to reduce or reflect sound and to decorate rooms.
- Inspects furrings, mechanical mountings, and masonry surface for plumbness and level, using spirit or water level.
- Hangs dry lines (stretched string) to wall molding to guide positioning of main runners.
- Nails or screws molding to wall to support and seals joint between ceiling tile and wall.
- Scribes and cuts edges of tile to fit wall where wall molding is not specified.
- Nails channels or wood furring strips to surfaces to provide mounting for tile.
- Measures and marks surface to lay out work according to blueprints and drawings.
Job Activities for: "Ceiling Tile Installer - Helper
- Handling and Moving Objects -- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Performing General Physical Activities -- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material -- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information -- Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
Abilities Needed for: Ceiling Tile Installer-Helper
- Manual Dexterity -- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness -- The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Extent Flexibility -- The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
Knowledge, Experience, Education Required for: Ceiling Tile Installer - Helper
- Building and Construction -- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses and buildings.
- Mathematics -- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and their applications.
Compensation $9.00/hr - $25.00/hr based on experience